Sunday, June 7, 2009

Awesome Optics

So I finally bit the bullet and updated my riding glasses. My old pair was a pair of Briko's from the early/mid 90's (think Johan Museeuw during his Mapei days) - they've been good to me and the scratches in the lenses are proof that they were well loved, but it's getting harder and harder to see out of them.



What I ended up getting was a pair of Rudy Project Rydon glasses. These things are amazing. Now, I should mention that Rudy Project is a sponsor of mine so you may think I'm just pandering to my sponsor by saying they are great, but if that wasn't my honest impression, I wouldn't be saying anything at all.

The pair I ordered was the Rydon Racing with the white frame and comes with two lenses; laser blue and racing red.

My first outing, I used the racing red, since it was earlier in the AM and the sun wasn't at its full intensity yet. The blue is more for full on sun and the red are for everything else. Switching out the lenses was a little tricky, but once I figured it out, it wasn't too difficult.

The racing red lenses were amazing. It revealed all the details in the road surface while still cutting glare. The frames are so light, you barely notice them. But the most amazing thing I found was, even under really hard efforts on a cool morning, there was minimal fogging while waiting at stop lights... This is the first set of glasses I've had where I could still see after waiting through a stop light. Any fogging that did happen, was limited to the top portion of the lens and dissipated really quickly once I got moving again. Good stuff.

I've only used these glasses once so I can't comment on long term durability or scratch resistance but so far, I'd give these a 10 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment