Friday, July 9, 2010

Has it really been two months?

W.
T.
F.
?

My last blog entry was over two months ago, what the hell happened? Well, If anyone still reads this, here's what's up:

I've given up on doing any road racing this season. That's right. no racing.  And I'm cool with that. In fact I've gotten reacquainted with a few old friends: beer and desserts. Not great for the midsection but a welcome deviation from the overly disciplined, spartan life of a bicycle racer.

Cyclocross season is quickly approaching and I'm nowhere near ready. In fact, if I were to toe the line with my current lack of fitness, I would likely get lapped, it's that bad. So, if I don't get may act together soon, I'm pulling the plug on the cyclocross season too. I guess what it all comes down to is I really don't want to compete if I can't be competitive (and by competitive, I mean finishing mid-pack).

I just got back from an awesome vacation with the family - one of those vacations where thoughts and aspirations of training/working out are drowned out by an abundance of good food, good drink and good company. While I was on vacation I did fulfill a life-long dream to go surfing. I took a lesson, and even got to ride a handful of waves without wiping out. Great fun.

In short, it seems like I've been doing a lot of everything except riding my bike and, you know what? It's been kinda nice.

1 comment: